I had the pleasure the sitting down with Jenn Hand, food and body image coach and creator of the Normal Eaters Club, to talk about food and health. Jenn is a firm believer that we already know what we want and need, we just forget how to listen to that deepest part of our selves.
During this hour-long conversation, Jenn talks about the power of the 3 really’s, why it’s important to know whether your life is a true reflection of who you are and what you value at your core, and how both of those things relate to food and dieting.
So settle in and take a listen because this. is. a good one. (And if you’re feeling frisky, feel free to head on over to iTunes and leave me a review.)
I’d love to hear from you!
What stood out most from Jenn’s interview? What do you really really really want from your own life?
- An introduction to Jenn and the work she does with women around food and health
- Jenn’s early years with depression and anxiety
- The seductive focus of dieting and external validation
- Learning how to cope with life without food
- How Jenn figured out what brings her joy and who she is at her core
- The 3 really’s and how that helps you tune into your heart and what it wants
- Learning how to listen to our inner voice and what it opens up in our lives as a result
- Why SHOULD is a big old red flag
- The damaging nature of the diet industry
- Being intentional about social media
- How do we find happiness, acceptance, and love?
- Taking the time to evaluate whether your life is working for you and how to course correct
- The quality of the questions you ask yourself and how they can make an impact
- Training your mind to seek out the positive and find what’s right
- How the Normal Eaters Club came about
- Food as the doorway into transformation and healing
- What everyday magic looks and feels like to Jenn